If you haven’t already, first test the email to inbox workflow, simply forward a prescription to firstname.lastname@example.org. The prescription should populate in the Toniq inbox within a minute or so.
There are several ways to start creating rules but the easiest is:
- Right click an email in your prescription email inbox > Rule > Create Rule…
- Click “New Rule”
- Start from a blank rule “Apply rule on messages I receive”
- Set your inclusion criteria here, remember to check “which has an attachment”. Note clicking the blue text will allow you to specify words to look for
- Click next to specify what you want to do with the message
- The main thing is to forward the email, but you can implement other workflow rules here such as moving to another folder if you like
- Finally, make sure you exclude any items from email@example.com
- Click next, name the rule what you want and finish. Do not run this rule on messages already in the inbox.
The setup in Office 365 is very similar to Outlook.
The settings can be found by clicking the Cog icon in the top right and then clicking "View all Outlook settings" at the bottom of the tray. From there, in the "Mail" settings, select "Rules" and click "Add new rule".
- Give a name to your rule
- Add conditions for the rule
- Forwarding prescriptions based on the sender email (e.g. from a GP surgery) is the most accurate way, but this is not always feasible if your pharmacy receives prescriptions from multiple sources.
- Checking by keywords in the subject or body can detect prescriptions, multiple keywords can be added by pressing Enter after each word.
- Add a condition that the prescription "Has attachment" - this will ensure only prescriptions are forwarded
- Add an action
- Forward to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Other actions such as moving the email to a separate folder, marking it as read, or categorising it can be set too to fit with your pharmacy workflows
- Add an exception:
- From: email@example.com
- This field is essential - when a prescription cannot be processed, we generate a new email to notify you that it was unable to be processed. Without this, the failed prescription would bounce between your inbox and Toniq.
The final rule should look similar to:
Toniq can now accept emails forwarded from Gmail web clients. Please reach out firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the support team members will be able to get you set up.
If you have something else let us know what it is via email and we can see if we can help you.