The measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine was added to the Pharmaceutical Schedule as of 1 November 2019.
- Pharmacies must have a specific contract with their DHB to administer the MMR vaccine
- Details of the contract, such as the age range subsidised, may vary across DHBs – check with your portfolio manager
- MMR vaccinations must be prescribed by a pharmacist-vaccinator
- Patients must have an NHI
- At the time of writing, there are two subsidised MMR vaccines:
- Priorix (2509369)
- MMR II (2577372)
MMR vaccines may be subsidised for patients within an age range, but that range could differ depending on the local DBH contract. Toniq will prompt to check patient age but will NOT automatically make the rx NSS if the age criteria are not met:
NB: Details above are correct at the time of writing.