Nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) medicines may be presented to pharmacy for dispensing on Quitline cards or community provided Quitcards. For example:
- NRT medicine dispensed from cards must be processed on an A4 Rx code and will price using the standard subsidy formula.
- Dispensings for card issued NRT medicines need to be made using one of two special prescribers.
Add 'Card' Prescribers
Two specially assigned prescribers need to be added to your Toniq system, Quitline and community provided Quitcard, to ensure that you are paid correctly for your card issued NRT medicines. This is because the claim file requires card issued dispensings to be identified by one of the two designated prescriber NZMC numbers.
From the main menu:
- Go to 1. Prescriptions
- Select any patient, enter a Rx code, and press [Enter]
- Search for the Prescriber Quitline (check F7 Show Hidden)
- If you already have an entry for Dr Quitline, edit the details of the prescriber to match those in the screenshot below
- Else, add a new prescriber with details that match those in the screenshot below:
1. Special NRT Card prescriber: NRT Only Quitline – NZMC number: 88888
- Then press F12 Accept Details to save the prescriber.
- Add a second prescriber to identify community provider issued Quitcards with the following details:
2. Special Card prescriber: NRT Only Quitcard Provider – NZMC number: 99999
- Press F12 Accept Details to save this second prescriber.
Note: The difference in payment for card issued NRT dispensings will be made up by post-claim adjustments (see Pharmac information for details regarding this).