Use Product Notes for Reports.
Catalogues, Stocktake Sections, Product Types and Manufacturers are additional collections that can be used to ‘band together’ products from different Departments, price lists etc. under a common theme, usually for reporting purposes.
However, what to do if all the existing collections are in use?
Use the Product Note. This is a store field where you can place your own information about a product.
To “band” products together using Product Note field
From the Main Menu:
- 2 Stock Control, 3 Stock Maintenance, 1 Maintain Products in Bulk
- Use some ‘rounding’ criteria to find your products
- F12 [Accept Details] to create the initial list
To Add more or Remove some items
- F2 [Edit List]
- Edit list, search/scanning each item individually into the list or remove items from the bulk edit list using F10 Del Item.
- Add more items to the list in bulk using different selection criteria
- Remove items from the list in bulk using different selection criteria
Once all the required products are selected
- Press F5 [Set P1 Opts]
- A [Append to Note]- to add your common text/phrase to the end of the products existing note.
- Type <comma><spacebar> and type in any word e.g. “, Reporting17March”
- F12 [Accept Details] twice then Y [Yes] to the change products prompt
Now you can run the required report using the selection criteria Notes match.
In the Notes match field type in the EXACT text/phrase you used when setting the products up to be searched (i.e. “Reporting17March”).