If any prescription items in a claim are for medicines that are sitting ‘on the shelf’, pharmacy is expected to defer these from the claim, before sending it. This process is time consuming. If the dispensary has a barcode scanner (for eprescribing), it can be used to scan/defer these items from the claim, making the job much faster.
F4 Status Scan/defer Rx in bulk
In an open, NEW claim, in the Edit Claim mode, there is an option under F4 Status to Scan/defer Rxs in bulk.
Press S to:
- Scan the Rx barcode printed on the receipt or label, attached to the bag
- All items done on the same visit as the scanned Rx, will change status to deferred
- The user is told how many items have been deferred – and the patient name
A Rx number printed under the barcode on the receipt can be manually entered but this is much slower than scanning.
Note: The claim processes can be summarised:
- Receive all signed tel/fax/refer Rxs
- Create claim and defer all outstanding tel/fax/referrals
- Error check and fix any claim errors
- Scan/defer any uncollected meds
- Save and Send claim
Receipt/bag label barcodes: scanned at POS for charges and to Defer uncollected Rxs
Tel Rx forms, fax/refer labels and bulk Tel rx form barcodes are used to bulk receive signed telephone/fax/refer Rxs.